Conveniently located in the heart of Caves Valley and abutting Caves Valley Golf Club, this custom built masterpiece is straight off the pages of Southern Living Magazine. Designed by architect Ken Hart and realized by Owings Brothers Builders, no detail was overlooked in creating the perfect harmony of classic architectural elements with contemporary functioning living spaces. Beckoning inside from the expansive covered front porch enter the dramatic yet welcoming two story foyer. Immediately catch a glimpse through the living room straight to the pool and terrace beyond. Spaces are open and free flowing, yet individual and purposeful. 10 foot ceilings. Custom carved columns. Chair rails, coffered ceilings, built-ins, and moldings all bring back the craftsmanship that too often is missed in todays building. Top of the line gourmet kitchen envisioned for both the home chef as well as large scale entertaining. Expansive butlers kitchen provides all of the extra storage one could dream. Multiple home offices ensure everyone has their own dedicated space. Six sets of French doors on this level create a seamless transition out to the pool and surrounding patio. Ideal spaces for al fresco dining with family and friends. Sunroom with built in hot tub is sure to be a favorite. Upstairs the oversized landing is sun drenched by a massive 12 foot Palladian window, where both bibliophiles and nature lovers alike will surely spend countless hours, reading or gazing out to the pool and grounds beyond. In your sumptuous primary suite two expansive walk-in closets will have even the most prolific fashionistas covered. Curl up with a good book by the fire in the cozy en suite sitting room. Down the hall find three additional generously sized bedrooms with two full baths. Back on the main level is the completely self sufficient in-law suite with private entrance, full kitchen, bath, living room, and screened-in porch. Whether your needs are for multi-generational living or a dedicated space for live-in help, this is a unique opportunity. Two additional outbuildings exist including a separate two car garage with pool house bath as well as large 42' by 32' multi-purpose barn structure, perfect for a car enthusiast, collector, or avid gardener. Set on over 5 acres with a pond and mature trees makes this an unparalleled setting.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Colonial
4 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Oil Hot Water Heater
6,478 sq. ft
Yes - 4 spaces
Baltimore County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Inlaw Suite, Kitchen, Living Room, Sitting Room, Foyer, Media, Florida Room, Breakfast Room, Attic
- 2nd Kitchen, Country Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Whirlpool Bath
- Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Dryer, Washer, Appliance Center, Refrigerator, Range Hood, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Double Oven, Wall Oven, Gas Dryer
- Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, A/C - Zone
- Electric Heating, Oil. Forced Air, Zone.
- Palladian Windows, Screened, Skylights, Double Pane
- 2. Gas Burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Beamed, Cathedral/vaulted Ceiling, Tray
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces. Circular Driveway.
- Patio, Screened-in, Porch
- Composition Shingle
- Heated Spa, Indoor
- Lot View
- Trees/Woods, Pond
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Landscaped, Trees. Backs To Trees, Landscaping, Pond, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price